(Please share this with your parents or carers as there is information relating to them as well!)
The information South Bristol Youth collects and how it is used is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
We collect and use personal data about you from you or your school that is relevant to our work with you. This privacy notice explains how we use the information we collect about you, how you can tell us if you would prefer to limit the use of that information and the procedures we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
What information do we collect?
We ask you, your parents or carers and your school to provide us with some or all of the following information:
- Your name/gender/date of birth
- Your address and contact details for you and your parents or carers
- The name of the school you attend
- Medical information
- Your learning needs
- Your ethnicity
- Whether you are entitled to Free School Meals and the Pupil Premium
- Whether you are a Looked After Child
- Assessment information
- Attendance information
- What you do when you leave school.
We ask your parents or carers to provide us with their name, address, phone numbers and email addresses.
You and your parent/carer might also choose to share other information with us.
How is this information used?
The law says that we have to have a legal basis for processing data (information) about you. The legal basis that we are using to process your data is called ‘legitimate interest’. This means that we need this information for the reasons set out below:
- To plan our activities and ensure that we can deliver them safely.
- To provide anonymised (this means we will not use your name) information to our funders and partner organisations about the impact of our activities.
- To support the delivery of the Future Quest Programme. If you are involved in this, we will have provided you with further information about what this involves.
- To monitor our work to ensure that we are providing equal opportunities to all the young people working with us.
- To contact you if we need to e.g. to provide reminders about forthcoming events, occasional cancellations or contact your parents/carers in an emergency.
- To let you know of forthcoming events related to our work that you might find interesting.
How we use Special Category Data
Special Category Data is personal data which the GDPR says is more sensitive and so needs more protection. This is the data that we collect about your health and ethnic information. We ask you to provide us with information about your health so that we can run our activities safely and if necessary, provide essential information to the emergency services if you were injured or became unwell. We use the information that schools provide us with about your ethnicity to obtain statistical information about the scope and impact of our work and for research purposes.
How we process your personal data?
At South Bristol Youth we aim to comply with our obligations under GDPR by keeping our records up to date, secure and only keeping them for the minimum amount of time necessary.
Any information that we collect is stored electronically on our database. Only our staff and authorised contractors can access this information. It may also be printed out for staff to use when running our activities. Paper records are archived securely.
Sharing information about you
We will only use your personal information where we are allowed to do so by law. We keep your information confidential, but may share it with our staff, suppliers or subcontractors (e.g. the people who provide our activities) as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and for which you might reasonably expect. We make sure that the people we share it with do not make independent use of the information and that they have agreed to follow the rules set out in this privacy notice.
We will only use your photograph and allow our subcontractors to use your photograph in our publicity material including social media, if we have explicit permission for this via our Registration Forms.
How do we protect your data?
South Bristol Youth takes the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is only accessed by our staff in the performance of their duties.
Where South Bristol Youth engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they are required to do so on the basis of written instructions, they are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
How long do we keep your data?
We will keep your information until you are 25. We need to do this to comply with the law. As the work of our charity involves supporting you to make choices about your future education or career path, we may contact you to find out what you are doing next so we can find out whether our work has had any impact on your choices.
Cookies and website analytics
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to:
- ask us for access to your personal data;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data;
- restrict processing, object to processing as well as, in certain circumstances, request that we transfer your data to other service providers.
If you have provided consent for the processing of your data, you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR 2018 or Data Protection Act 2018 with regard to your personal data.
If you or your parents or carers would like to exercise these rights or have any questions about how we process your data, please contact the Data Controller for South Bristol Youth: Camilla Chandler-Mant email@example.com