We spoke to the Applicant Experience Manager at BIMM to find out more about what’s on offer in our local area!
Could you tell us about BIMM?
BIMM Institute opens the doors to the music industry. We encourage creative freedom, provide real-world industry experiences and build a community across our eight colleges in the UK, Ireland and Germany.
Students are given access to unrivalled industry connections, experienced lecturers who live and breathe the world of music and the chance to choose from specialist courses such as Songwriting, Electronic Music Production and Music Business – as well as joint honours degrees like Music Performance with Music Production.
For over 35 years, BIMM students have turned their passions into their career. We have some incredible alumni like George Ezra, Fontaines D.C. and Natasha Bent who walked through BIMM’s doors and into the music industry.
What type of courses are available?
- BMus (Hons) Popular Music Performance
- BMus (Hons) Songwriting
- BA (Hons) Electronic Music Production
- BA (Hons) Music and Sound Production
- BA (Hons) Music Business
- BA (Hons) Event Management
- BA (Hons) Music Marketing, Media and Communications
- BA (Hons) Music Production & Music Business
- BA (Hons) Songwriting & Music Production
- BA (Hons) Songwriting & Music Business
- BA (Hons) Popular Music Performance & Music Business
- BA (Hons) Popular Music Performance & Music Production
- BA (Hons) Popular Music Performance & Songwriting
- BA (Hons) Popular Music Performance & Event Management
- L3 Ext Diploma Performance
- L3 Ext Diploma Music Production
- L3 Ext Diploma Songwriting
- MA Popular Music Practice
- MA Learning & Teaching in the Creative Industries
How do I apply for courses?
- For degree courses, via UCAS
- For diploma or postgraduate courses, directly via BIMM Institutes website
What type of job roles can I look to apply for after graduating?
- Publishing & Sync
- Live performer
- Session specialist
- Artist Management
- Label Manager
- Booking agent
- PR & Media
- Creative Project Management
- Digital Marketing
- Electronic Artist
- Live Sound Producer
- Sound Design and Composition
- Interactive Game Audio
- Audio Sound Executive
- Sound & Visual Media
- Creative Music Producer
What is student life like at BIMM?
“I truly feel like I am part of a supportive and loving community. I think the overall experience is so reliant on what you are willing to put in; if you work hard and support your peers, you will see results and opportunities will naturally present themselves. Most people here are so lovely – just be yourself, be kind and you will easily find your people!” (Sally Von Hofsten, Vocals, BIMM Bristol)
Do you have recommendations for anyone applying to the BIMM Institute?
Come and join us at an Open Day or at one of our upcoming applicant events. Explore the site and chat to lecturers about your passion, creative focus and direction. There’s nothing like attending an Open Day to get a true feel for a university and to visualise yourself there.